The Patriots are always buzzy because.. Well, they’re the Patriots. But even moreso, this offseason has been wild, with huge departures and additions that all carry massive fantasy weight. To break it all down, we welcome on WEEI’s Ryan Hannable for a Dive Record fifth time. We cover all the burning questions, including:
- What does N’Keal Harry bring to the table, and is he worth the No.1 overall Dynasty selections so many peg him for?
- Will any of Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Ben Watson, or Matt Lacosse carve out a meaningful fantasy role?
- How about any of this new WRs trio of Demaryius Thomas, Dontrelle Inman, and Maurice Harris?
- Can Julian Edelman carry his dominant playoffs stretch run into the regular season… and put together a career year?
- What’s the state of Sony Michel and this backfield after the addition of Damien Harris? - What’s Harris’ potential role here?
- Is James White hurt at all by the move?
- Is Tom “God” Brady set for a statistical uptick or dreaded downtick at age 42… or should we expect more of the same from Our Savior?
- Will the Patriots take the AFC Championship again (and are the Browns for real?)
We wouldn’t have Hannable on a record five-times if he wasn’t pure gold, and this might be our best interview yet. Patriots and fantasy fans alike - this one is a can’t miss.
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S781kcmlkeo&t
The boys are sullen after a horrendous end to Game of Thrones, so we pour our pessimism into fantasy football by looking at the Biggest 2019 Fantasy Football Losers from the NFL Draft. Though this episode is mostly veteran-centric, we open with two of the highest-graded rookie talents who landed in absolute nightmare homes in new Ravens WR Marquise Brown and Titans WR AJ Brown. Find out why The Wolf is so low on these two for 2019, as well as scorching takes on:
-How Sony Michel’s stock is plummeting stock with the Patriots returning to their usual committee shenanigans
-The many red flags raised around Derrius Guice, including the greatest of all in the 2019 Draft
-Why Todd Gurley is even a riskier first round bet… and the sneaky major role Darrell Henderson is pegged for
-Why Corey Davis is the most overrated player in fantasy football
-In case you needed more reasons to avoid Jordan Howard, Mike Davis, and LeSean McCoy… we have them.
-Who could steal the invaluable “Steelers RB Handcuff” role?
Plus, we begrudgingly break down the whimpering end of Game of Thrones. Sure, discussing “losers” isn’t glorifying, but these insights can help you steer clear of some major pitfalls your sleeping sheep opponents may miss. Be sure to tune in and let us pave your path to titletown!
Though rookies usually get all the attention after the NFL Draft, the fantasy football impacts are often even greater for the veterans. Whether a new addition, like a beefy lineman, boosts a player’s “Surrounding Talent” scores, or a lack of a major move improves a veteran’s “Usage” outlook, a handful of players always emerge with vastly improve fantasy football outlooks.
The 2019 NFL Draft was no different, and The Wolf and Truth are here to break down the 11 Biggest Fantasy Football Risers, including fire takes on:
The Fantasy Football Stock Market is finally settling, and you can’t miss the Veteran Risers who you should now be targeting.
The 49ers were among 2018’s most disappointing teams, yet they still boast plenty of fantasy football intrigue in 2019. To break down San Francisco’s fantasy products, we welcome on Grant Cohn (@GrantCohn), 49ers Insider for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, for the third time. Per usual, his takes are bold and scorching, and could again benefit fantasy owners huge. These include:
Cohn again brings the heat, and this 49ers Preview is must-listen material for fans of the team or fantasy.
The Arizona Cardinals made one thing clear during the 2019 NFL Draft: they are ALL in on Kliff Kingsbury and his Air Raid Offense. This scheme has been a points factory in college for years, and we bring on Washington State coach Drew Hollingshead to go deeper than ever before.
Hollingshead, who played under Kingsbury at Houston and now coaches with Mike “Air Raid Godfather” Leach at WSU, can anticipate Kingsbury’s innovation as well as anybody. The Wolf of RSJ picks his brain for nuggets on this schemes staples, Kingsbury’s trends, how this newly stacked weapons cabinet all fit in.
In this exclusive interview, you’ll learn:
-The philosophy and core staples of the Air Raid Offense
-If Kingsbury will be truly “All-In on the Air Raid”
-Why Kyler Murray went No.1 Overall, and why he’s perfect for Kingsbury’s attack
-How both the veterans (Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk) and new additions (Andy Isabella, Hakeem Butler) will all be used… and who should rack up the best numbers
-Why past fantasy megastar David Johnson could return to his dominant RB1 workhorse ways as Kingsbury’s offensive centerpiece
-If the line will lock down the Air Raid’s sky-high potential
Air Raid access doesn’t get more “insider” than Hollingshead. Any football fan -- college, NFL, and especially fantasy -- should go inside on this exclusive episode of “On the Fantasy Beat.”
With the 2019 NFL Draft in the rearview, The Draft Network’s Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) returns to breakdown the Fantasy Football Fits of all the top prospects.
Between Sikkema’s knowledge on each player and their skillsets, and The Wolf’s insight on the coaching schemes, the two cover all the top fantasy impact players, including:
- Kyler Murray and his new weapons cabinet in the Arizona Air Raid
- Josh Jacobs’ workhorse upside, especially with Isaiah Crowell’s Achilles tear
- David Montgomery’s three-down potential… or if Tarik Cohen will keep him capped
- Miles Sanders and the chance he bucks Doug Pederson’s committee trends
- What Darrell Henderson signals for Todd Gurley, and just how valuable of a handcuff he could be
- DK Metcalf’s surprising fall, and his value with the Seahawks
- N’Keal Harry and the fantasy dreamboat situation he’s landed in with the Patriots
- Parris Campbell and why he’ll tear the field to shreds with the Colts
- Which Iowa TE will score more as a rookie: TJ Hockenson or Noah Fant?
- Sikkema’s favorite sleepers
Clearly, this episode is as loaded as they come. Hear Sikkema’s invaluable insight into the draft’s biggest names and follow his lead block to 2019 Fantasy Paydirt